COVID-19 - ACADEMY REOPENING & POLICIES AS OF JULY 10, 2020
Last updated: 7/10/2020 - REOPENED JULY 1ST - CITY APPROVED OUTDOOR MARTIAL ARTS GROUP CLASSES STARTING MONDAY, JULY 13TH
Dear students and parents,
CKFA reopened its doors on July 1st for private lessons. Prior to CKFA reopening, Contra Costa Health Services gave us the thumbs up, as long as masks were worn, social distancing observed and all safety and health protocols followed. It was so good to see those of you who came in. Everyone wore masks (some very cool looking ones) and practiced social distancing.
If you have not set up your private lesson yet, email LoSi Evelina Lengyel or Sifu Andrew Lengyel to schedule your private lesson, either at the Academy or online via Zoom.
July 8th was the target date for group classes to resume. However, we had to hold back offering group classes, as the State and County postponed the reopening of businesses in Phase 3. We immediately started investigating our options. As martial artists we train to be responsive.
We were able to secure approval from the City of Concord and Regency Centers allowing CKFA to hold group martial art classes in the parking lot right next to the Academy! We felt it was our duty to go through the proper channels instead of initiating something and then having it shut down because we were not thorough in the process.
To reserve your spot in a group class:
- 1. Follow this link to our webpage “Schedule”.
- 2. On that page, select the link for the appropriate class. You will be taken to our scheduling page. We use Calendly for scheduling the group classes.
- 3. Select the class day and time you wish to take. You must register under the full student name as written in your Kicksite student account.
Due to the social distancing order and other protocol, limited group classes with a maximum of 10 students per class will be offered. Since class size is limited, please be considerate when booking your spot. More classes will be added as the demand increases.
What you will need to resume training:
- 1. A signed and dated COVID-19 Disclosure (Go to your Kicksite student account to download document.)
- 2. A signed and dated Membership Addendum and Liability Waiver (Go to your Kicksite student account to download document.)
- 3. If your program was suspended you must reactivate it.
Your physical fitness and emotional well-being are two things which must be preserved in order to live a healthy life. Being healthy means having a robust immune system. Training in the martial arts is one of the best ways to accomplish this. All of us at CKFA are looking forward to seeing all of you soon. Stay true to our motto, 'Train Harder, Live Better!'
Lo Si Evelina Lengyel & Sifu Andrew Lengyel